Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-04-2005 , 02:25 PM
Subscriber

Summer camps

Ok, as most of you may know, or none at all, I am a stupid loser 14 year old kid who plays football (on a real team) and am upsessed (obviously cant spell) with maya and other computer stuff. Dosent sound right huh? Anyways this summer I am going to a camp to learn how to create 3d games using software developed by the company conitec. If you would, please check out their website and help me with some stuff. On their website it says that animated models can be imported from maya using the MAYA plugin. Does this mean that only animated models can be brought into the mix? Also I have already tried to email the company, but the problem is that they are primarily GERMAN, and dont really speak english. So any help would be appreciated, I would like to bring some of my crappy maya models to camp with me and import them into the game.

The website is- www.conitec.net/a4info.htm

Thx,
-Ryan

# 2 30-04-2005 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Oh, I forgot to mention that somewhere on the website it said that maya models can be imported in the blendershape format/something along the lines of format(maybe interface). Thx all.

# 3 03-05-2005 , 01:12 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 03-05-2005 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
:laugh: Yeah, hey anyways thx for the great help. Those sites should help alot with my knowledge of importing. Also, do you know if your friend finds the program finicky or whatnot? And also, what is the limits to it? But anyways, thx again for the help.

PS. Oh well, it may not be right, but we are the future generation. :laugh:

# 5 03-05-2005 , 07:20 PM
Technical Director
Well, no he dosn't find it finiky. But the tutorials need the supplied files, and the demo dosnt have that. when I downloaded it, I found it extremley different from maya.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 03-05-2005 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, I tried the demo also. Even though we will be using the full version at the camp, I just wanted to get a feel for it. But anyways, it seemed a little to much like a garage or mom's basement product thing to me. But then again, I have not really seen what it is capable of. Maybe its just the fact that I haven't gotten used to it, and that MAYA is the only 3d software I have ever used, basically all 3d programs to me would be the same. Boy, I bet im in for a surprise.