Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-06-2005 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber

Small problem in the Jedi Starfighter Tut

Hey Kurt, I've been working through your tutorial and doing quite well until i came to the part of the cockpit where im extruding the faces. It turns out akward and nothing like yours. I know its not right i just can't seem to fix it maybe you could help.?

# 2 11-06-2005 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
here is SS

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-06-2005 , 01:22 PM
Hi, looks like you dont have your extrude setting right for keeping the faces together. To fix it go to polygons> tool options and click on keep faces together.

Thats should do it if not let us know.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 11-06-2005 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
I thought that might fix it, but didn't seem to. I still get the same thing when im extruding the faces. Should i have the settings on the extrude itself anything different than default?

# 5 11-06-2005 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
I think i might have found the problem. Somehow i have extra faces in the model. Don't know how they got there but it seems to be messing everything up. Any way to get this fixed without redoing this entire section?

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 11-06-2005 , 02:58 PM
You can spend the time deleting the extra faces then make sure the verts are merged....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb