Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-07-2005 , 09:26 AM

Figure this one out.

After an extended break from maya I have come back to find everything in what seems to be working order, except that my right mouse button no longer does what it used to. I definitely remember being able to select vertices/faces/edges and all sorts of wonderful things, but now just moves my object much like that of the middle mouse button. I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I can't find it on my own and it's rather infuriating.

# 2 31-07-2005 , 01:39 PM
Hey there...welcome back..go to your hotkey editor under windows-->setting/preferences-->hotkeys....then go under navigation in the hotkeys and change everything they way you want it....hope that helped
TheAnswerRP03

# 3 02-08-2005 , 08:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think I explained myselft well enough. My right-click camera tools are working fine (dolly, pan, zoom, etc.). My problem is when you right click over an object. No longer am I getting the little menu that allows you to select vertices/edges/faces and whatnot. Right now i'm thinking i may need to reinstall, but i'd like to avoid that if at all possible so if anyone can think of something... do tell.

# 4 02-08-2005 , 06:48 PM
This has happened to me numerous times.. have you tried closing and opening maya again? Its worked for me..

# 5 03-08-2005 , 03:47 AM
yeah it's definitley there every time i open maya user added image