Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-09-2005 , 02:57 PM

Converting nurbs to polygons

OK, lets get right down to buisness.

So, I have been trying to convert nurbs to polygons for the past hour and nothing has worked that I know about. I am doing the Low Poly Game Character tutorial.l I have gotten up to the point where you convert nurs to polys and this is what it says: Error: NURBS to Polygons: Shell tessellation failed. Open Script Editor for details.

I have also looked in the script editor, but it means nothing to me...

Ok thank you,
wirercx

PS: when I go into the option box it says use control points and I do that and thats when it happens. If you needed to know that...

Oh and this is what it says in the scrip editor:

Code:
nurbsToPoly -mnd 1  -ch 1 -f 3 -pt 0 -pc 200 -chr 0.1 -ft 0.01 -mel 0.001 -d 0.1 -ut 1 -un 3 -vt 1 -vn 3 -uch 0 -ucr 0 -cht 0.2 -es 0 -ntr 0 -uss 1 "nurbsSphere1";
// Result: nurbsToPoly1 nurbsTessellate1 //
// Error: NURBS to Polygons: Shell tessellation failed. Open Script Editor for details

# 2 02-09-2005 , 09:42 PM
I must admit I never had this problem!
Try by deleting history,check surface ,rebuild suface,check surface attributes,try with "count" checkbox and adjust number of faces...

If that wont work...send the model if its not a problem I would love to solve it.

Good luck!