Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-09-2005 , 07:28 PM

Sept/Oct (Noob) Kabuki Quantum Fighter

Hello everyone,

I'm slow in checking my mail, but I got the latest news letter just recently and I'm stoked about this contest! I picked the main character from Kabuki Quantum Fighter. Basically Colonel Scott O'Connor volunteers for a mission to go inside a super computer where he becomes a Japanese ballet dancer who uses his hair for a weapon. I'm including a few screenshots and a cover shot I snatched off the web. Concept art will be following soon. Let me know if anyone else is doing this. I'm confident no one is, but just want to be safe.

Z

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by rzwicker; 24-09-2005 at 02:39 PM.
# 2 18-09-2005 , 04:35 AM

Basically Colonel Scott O'Connor volunteers for a mission to go inside a super computer where he becomes a Japanese ballet dancer who uses his hair for a weapon.

Oh, not that same tired super computer hair as a weapon storyline again!user added image

Sounds cool!

Dave

# 3 24-09-2005 , 02:06 AM

Concept Drawing

This was what I was thinking about for concept design. The character had baggy type pants in the game, but of course in 16bit you really don't see much. Sorry so slow coming. I will be posting pics of the modeling soon. Bring any comments and the like!

- Z -

Please please please give me a JOB! - mantra for the week -
# 4 24-09-2005 , 02:11 AM
Having trouble posting my pictures... I will try again at another time.

- Z -

# 5 24-09-2005 , 03:52 AM

such a Noob

Okay... I'm such a noob. I'm not sure what to do... my pics won't upload (they are really small) and I forgot to put Sept/Oct in my thread title. Is this going to be a problem? If so please let me know. Also, if there is a way to edit the thread title that would be better. Sorry for my noobieness.

Z

# 6 24-09-2005 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber
try uploading your images to www.imageshack.us

and to change your title try edting your first post (works on some forums don't know about here)