Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-10-2005 , 07:09 PM

Problem with Poly Union

hi all. i was following the video by Kurt on the Cartoon Dog. I finished the first 2 part of the video which basically models the dog in nurbs. but then when i converted it into polygons and did the boolean union operatives, the two polygons just simply disappear. what's going on?:headbang:
Please Have a Look at the attached Pic...

Poly mesh is intersecting each other Correctly

Will You Help Me

Thanks.

# 2 05-10-2005 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber
hmm yea i have the exact same problem . user added image

# 3 05-10-2005 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
well u have to use enter to select them but it doesnt select them is there a option needed to be turned on? i looked in the help files which says u use Enter of return, to select too objects then go to polys then booleans and union, but when i try to use enter they dont select so i use shift select but then they disapper please help us someone.:headbang: user added image

# 4 07-10-2005 , 04:43 PM

I have an Ans. of My Previous Question """"Problem with Poly Union""&a

user added image
go to polygons > ploygon cleanup Option > check in other: nonmanifold geometry and select Normal and Geometry Click Apply

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd

Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy.........................: attn:

Tell me its working or not!

Last edited by muditchauhan; 07-10-2005 at 04:47 PM.
# 5 07-10-2005 , 05:03 PM
Other than that just go poly's - combine and merge the vert's.

Kurt goes over it later on in the tutorial, most of the time I've found this is probably the best way to join them together if hte boolian dosent work

# 6 11-10-2005 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys im sorted now user added image
One more thing i have been looking for some pictures for modeling eg a dinosaur of some kind is there anywhere to find something i can use as a image plane for modeling? {good WEbsite}user added image