Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-10-2005 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber

Ferrari - Curve Extrusion problem

I've had a look at the first part of the Ferrari tutorial, but when I try to extrude the wheel arc using half a circle, nothing happens. I've checked that I have all the settings used in the tutorial, but it still just gives me the standard extrude tool when I hit the button.

Is there some other option I need to have a look at that's not used in the tutorial?

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 2 26-10-2005 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
Also, when I zoom in far enough, my image plains get squashed... Is there any way around this?

I'm using Maya 7 btw...

# 3 27-10-2005 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
sorry mate didn't see this, the settings in the video are all I used to extrude the wheel arch, all I can say is make sure your circle is facing the right way (the sweep is at the end away from the plane) and that you are selecting the top edge and shift selecting the curve. also make sure you have use selected curve for extrusion clicked.

As far as the image planes go thats a graphics card issue I have that problem on my laptop, you could either do its kurts way that he shows in his tutorials or create new cameras for top front and side and view everything through those and that should stop the squash and stretch on them

# 4 28-10-2005 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber
Alright, thanks a bunch!

Great tutorial by the way, never thought modelling a Ferrari would be this easy user added image