Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-12-2005 , 11:53 AM

How to creat a simple skin model

I'm a newbie. I've project to creat a simple skin model with 3-layers sturcture. Someone can tell me what skill should be used to achive this aim? Polygonal Modeling, NURBS Modeling or others? please help me!!

# 2 19-12-2005 , 05:34 PM
Like a scientific model of the skin layers? hmmm well if you want an organic feel, i would use curves and nurbs. I can't give you much advice myself but you should probably go by trial and error.

# 3 19-12-2005 , 05:54 PM
yes, just like a scientific model of Skin.
I'm trying many times by using Polygon Modeling, but I haven't successed yet.
Need I creat each layer separately? and then lap them togother?
thanks

# 4 19-12-2005 , 06:03 PM
THats odd, see for a newbie project, I would choose a nice inorganic architectural object, or maybe a car, And if you want a nice organic one, you may want to go for a hand, or a head.

just my 2 cents

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 20-12-2005 , 07:16 AM
sorry, i'm not very clear about your meanings.
what should i do first?

# 6 26-12-2005 , 11:48 PM
If it were me, I would define the skin layers with the texture map. Unless you need them to be separate pieces. Personally, I would use polygons. Just modify a cube to suit your needs.

Goodluck!

Dave