Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-01-2006 , 01:28 AM

Got some problem with EP curve and isoparms

Hello i am rather new to 3D modeling so i would be thankfull for any help i can get with my problem maybe another solution.

I am modeling a helmet like head for a robot i am making but i have got a problem with the isoparms.

The helmet is made out of a nurbs sphere and i am using EP curve and project to cut out the geometry, where i want to make a hole in the sphere.
But when i am trying to select the isoparm, where the edges of the hole is, I cant select the isoparm.
But i am able to select the isoparms on the rest of the helmet.

I have submited some screenshots maybe you can understand what i am saying better by looking at them.

I have created a EP curve on a NURBS sphere.
Then selected Project curve on surface.
I then use Trim tool to select what geometry I want to keep.
I then select isoparm, but when I try to select the isoparm, where I cut the geometry with the EP curve nothing happens all the other isoparms are selectable.

Like i said i would be very thankfull for any help i get.

Attached Images