Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-01-2006 , 02:08 AM

Total Newbie texturing problem

I have watched the tutorial of the door texturing but it seems to be missing the one part I really need.
I dont know what you do to export the image into photoshop. I can make an object and add one of the basic water, fur..etc. materials to it, but I cant figure out how to save a base texture (if possible) or where to find it to then edit it, so it changes on my object.
If anyone could be of help it would be very much appreciated.

# 2 19-01-2006 , 05:03 PM
I haven't done any texturing, but I do know that you need to map out your UVs before you export it to photoshop. Once your UVs are mapped, you take a UV snapshot which is then saved in your images folder (I think). You then go into photoshop where you can open the UV map and then paint your textures.

I found this tutorial pretty useful:

https://www.ramyhanna.com/texturing/p...utorial01.html

I hope that it is ok for me to post this link.

Good luck!

# 3 19-01-2006 , 06:09 PM
mtmckinley's website got just what you need. Go in under tutorials and then modeling and there's a vtm on polygon texturing. It's the first one I saw on the subject and it really helped.

https://www.mtmckinley.net/

# 4 20-01-2006 , 12:47 AM
Brilliant, thanks.
The ramyhamma explains it so even I understand it and the mckinley site has lots of great stuff.
Thanks again.