Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-11-2002 , 07:03 AM

Rendering dynamics......

Hi,

Is there a special way tpo render dynamics?

here's why.

I have a scene with dynamics, when i batch render the iff sequence and play it back, it plays half way, then stops. The frame count keeps increasing normally, though it seems to keep repeating the same frame.

When I play it in my camera panel it plays perfectly, but not when i render it...

Please help...
Thank you very much,
Ari user added image

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 09-11-2002 , 07:06 AM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, that's strange. Perhaps I don't understand exactly what's happening...

Have you made sure that your Start and End frames are correct in your Render Globals?

# 3 09-11-2002 , 07:08 AM
Yeah,
Thats all correct.. its a weird problem... But somehow i've got to fix it...

When i render it on every second frame, it works...grr.. its very frustrating.

Thanks again

Thanks,
Ari
# 4 10-11-2002 , 07:09 AM
Hi,

I've heard of this happening on a number of occasions and luckily there are two ways to fix it!

One way is to create a cache of all the simulation data so that when it batch renders, it just takes the info straight out of the cache.

To do this:

From the Dynamics Menu Set, go to Solvers > Rigid Body Solver, and under the 'Rigid Solver States' section, tick the Cache Data button.

Now if you play your scene through once, it will record all the information onto the hard drive. You'll now be able to scrub back and forth on your timeslider and the dynamics will update instantly (in reverse too!).

The other option to fix it is to bake all your dynamics into keyframes, by selecting your dynamic objects and going to Edit > Keys > Bake Simulation.

That will put a keyframe on every frame for each of your selected objects.

I hope that fixes it for you!

# 5 10-11-2002 , 07:23 AM
Wow,...
thanks,
I'll try those idea in the morning..

tHanks alot, and i'll let you know if it works.

Bye

Thanks,
Ari