Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-03-2006 , 06:47 PM

:D Help :D

I've Just started working with maya
I can model a space ship with the extrude button
but what is the next step user added image user added image But remeber I m just 15 jears old sow user added image: P

# 2 05-03-2006 , 07:40 PM
thats cool to have another teenage guy join here and learn maya

im 13 :p

Well i'd go for the free dog tutorial on this site- its purty good.

Then, google up the Joan Of Ark tutorial (its for 3ds Max but it has lots of pics so u'll kno wat to do.

aight, hope that helps

Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 06-03-2006 , 08:44 AM
Subscriber
It depends on where you wanna go from there. If you wanna model something new, do as Matt suggests (the Joan of Ark tut can be found in english at 3dtotal.com, and I think there's a link to the french version there if you prefer that), altough both those tuts are on organic modelling, they should provide you with some basic skills and knowledge...

If you wanna work some more on your spaceship, I'd suggest starting to texture it. I'm not sure if there are any free tuts on UV mapping here, but I've been told that Mike's tut (www.mtmckinley.net) is really good...

Go for it, and remember to post your work in the WIP forum user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 4 13-03-2006 , 10:37 AM
:headbang: