Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-04-2006 , 08:08 AM

Zoom tool Question

Just a question on the zoom tool functions

when I zoom at a 3,3,3 cube at a normal distance where you can see the whole cube fit in the perspective window, rotating the perspective view around the cube works "smoothly" and fine.

but when i zoom in very close into one vertex corner of the cube, and give my mouse a slight movement ( in trying to view around the vertex) the shift of the perspective or camera view changes by "A LOT". it doesn't move smoothly. like the vertex would shift from one corner of my screen to the opposite corner in no time with just one slight movement from my mouse.

I know this is how it would be like if I were to be viewing an object under a microscope in the real world.

so i'm asking if there is a way around to make the camera view move smoothly no matter how close or how far you are viewing at an object, etc.?

thanks!

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs
# 2 23-04-2006 , 08:15 AM
Nvm I fixed my problem

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs