Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-06-2006 , 05:16 AM

Textures

Hello everyone

This isn't really about maya, but about making you're textures in photoshop. But since I guess you guys make you're own textures I thought asking here was no problem.
Now, I'm trying to make a stone texture, but its not really working, I've tried like 50 times but no succes, I'm just not happy with it.
I want:
- to make a texture for nature stone, smooth stone with no relief (in dutch that is: natuursteen)
- to make a texture for a normal one, when I apply it to maya that it looks like one.

Could someone help me with this, tell me how you make you're own stone textures or something like that...

Greetings Brecht

# 2 15-06-2006 , 07:20 AM
To be fair I would look on google for some photo's of the type of stone your after, then unwrap the UV's then texture using photoshop by tileing the picture together, then using hte clone tool take away the seam's of the tiling and the repeating areas, then map this to the colour channel.

For the bump and spec I would then take the texture you just created and convert it to grayscale and map this to the appropiate nodes then play about with the settings to get the desired look.

Hope this helps you in some way

# 3 15-06-2006 , 10:54 AM
I'll upload some that I've made now (12.27). Do you think that those are good?
user added image

And another one:
user added image

And this one I got off the internet:
user added image

Last edited by brecht; 15-06-2006 at 10:57 AM.
# 4 15-06-2006 , 11:02 AM
Yeash they look ok, how do they look on the final object?? If they do the job then there ok.

# 5 15-06-2006 , 02:14 PM
I don't know cause maya doesn't work on this computer. That's why I'm asking if someone could test them and post a print screen.

Greetings