Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-07-2006 , 11:23 PM

IK Help

Hi there,

I am just starting on the new venture in Maya trying to expand my horizons within the software.

I am creating a joint chain then applying an IK spline handle to it for more control. I am trying to get the other end of the chain to act in the same way the first one does in the chain so I can make a bulging effect. How can I do this I have tried messing with the constraints in the attribute editor but still can't get it. and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

# 2 07-07-2006 , 08:26 AM
ummm....
if you mean something like trying to get the middle to push outwards when the ends are pushed together, try using one of the deformers (probably a squash deformer)

maybe?

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 09-07-2006 , 05:43 PM
Hey there,

What I figured out to constrain the end is the aim the end joint at a locator. It still flutters around a little when the joints move but I think it will do for now.

Moff