Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-07-2006 , 04:36 PM

MY PARTICLES DON'T SHOW UP IN RENDERVIEW

I have mad a quite basic fountain in the maya 7 PLE demo, added a particle emitter, set some quick attribtes and then rendered it. Why don't my water particles appear in renderview?user added image

# 2 12-07-2006 , 05:17 PM
Are that software particles or hardware particles???

Think that you might have created hardware renderable particles

# 3 12-07-2006 , 09:43 PM
okay, so you think that if I use hardware render, it will work??? Hmm.... well, sounds good to me, but the prob is, as I said I downloaded the Maya 7 PLE Demo, so I dont have any hardware. Is there a way to change the hardware/software render setting?

EDIT: That is, without completely remaking the particle?

# 4 13-07-2006 , 06:55 AM

Originally posted by brendog27
I downloaded the Maya 7 PLE Demo, so I dont have any hardware.

What you running it on then???? LOL!!

The hardware render is found in the render global setting, not too sure if you might have to enable it in the plug in manager.

Switch to that and then render the particles as a sepperate pass and composite them together using Photoshop or after effects.

# 5 13-07-2006 , 01:42 PM
dude.... hardware is like... discs. I don't have a disc because I downloaded the DEMO. software is applications. I do have that. So I'm running on software render.

# 6 13-07-2006 , 02:05 PM
Dude, hardware rendering is not a disk, its a form of rendering using your graphics card to capture the scene (Like in a game), rarther than a algorithm thats processed by your computer (thats software rendering), and hardware rendering is available in the PLE.

In this case Hardware is your PC and software is the PROGRAM