Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-07-2006 , 02:21 PM

Centaur!

Woot, finally finished it... Kind of. Something about the hat and the horse, makes her look like a cowgirl. Oh well.
Well, since it is from the tutorials, but I'm going beyond them, it's not really trouble with the tutorials.
I think I understand the basics of skeletons and binding, but I have no idea where to even begin on the clothes, since they probably won't move with the skeleton that's attached to the *model*.
Yes, no idea.

Oh, and she's bald because she can be.

...and because I don't know how to do hair/fur yet.

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!
(First completed model, thanks for the tutorial everyone!)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-07-2006 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Looks very good. I would only suggest, maybe don't have such a harsh transition from the gut to the.... part of the horse just below the gut. if you rounded that a bit more it would look more natural, I think, and she could still have that nice belly. Good job, though, It looks really good.

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 3 20-07-2006 , 02:04 AM
Thanks for the advice! I might smooth it out a little. -nod-

# 4 20-07-2006 , 05:42 AM
Just in case you haven't already, you may want to check this link out, it is a fast way to animate a biped, quadraped or a Centaur . . . Check out the "install" file included. I have a bird created too, but I am waiting for them to fix the download section of this site before I upload the final version of Walkerman.

https://www.simplymaya.com/download_p...tid=6&typeid=4

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 20-07-2006 at 05:45 AM.
# 5 20-07-2006 , 10:58 AM
That looks great! Thanks! I really wanted to do *something* with this Centaur, so I think that'll help. I'll check it out.