Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-09-2006 , 12:52 AM

merge vertices

:headbang: i am working my way thru the cartoon dog tutorial and have struck two things that are giving me greif: first (however small) is that when attempting to "select the neck, hit enter then select the head and hit enter" in the video the neck stays selected but turns black however in mine it unselected leaving me to believe that it was not doing anything i therefore just selected them each and transformed them to polygons as per that stepuser added image 2nd (somewhat more of a poser) after the unite step i selected a group of vertices that i wanted to combine went to "edit poly/merge vertices and while my history claimed the merger, my module showed nothing and all future activity confirmed that the vertices were still very much there. making the model more and more complicated. please what silly thing am i missing here i have tryed it a couple of times thinking that i might have just been dumb but i still amuser added image
Please and Thankyou?!

# 2 08-09-2006 , 01:36 PM
Have you tried to increase the distance in the Merge Vertex Options?
I like to use v+middleMB to snap vertices to the vertex I want to merge them with. That way I don't have to mess with the distance setting too often. It's downside is that it takes a bit more time to do but since the merged vertex positions are not averaged but snapped the final lines look a lot cleaner.

# 3 08-09-2006 , 06:34 PM
:bow: thank you so much its often so simple ... when i looked at the distance set it was at 0.0001, not realy any wounder ... thank you so much i am moving forward again :attn: