Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-10-2006 , 07:25 AM

curves in maya

Hey YA, I need advice with the following things:

I often have to bevel complex curves and I dont know exactly, how to save them from Illustrator...not higher then Illu 8 is clear but then MAYA devides complex curves in TRANSFORMS (former groups) or recognizes compound paths. Now if you bevel certain curves from the group of curves they always bevel into different directions (forth and back, even if extrude distance remains...) so you have to move them later which means they are loosing their history in worst case.

How do I fix this? Do you have general guidelines for working with complex curves from Illustrator?

Thanks a lot...I really need advice since working with external elements becomes more important...