Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-11-2006 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber

heinkel 111

building models for a ww2 dog fight type short, but it takes so long i cant resist seeing what they look like before theyre all finished.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-11-2006 , 09:55 AM
Love it :attn: looks almost real user added image

# 3 02-11-2006 , 11:09 AM
It is OK, I like the model but the shadow must be sharper and less pronounced. Also you should give it some reflectiones.

goksimaster
# 4 03-11-2006 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the feed back guys, i did think the wheels where floating a bit. trouble is come test render time i allways get exited and rush straight in!

# 5 04-11-2006 , 01:29 PM
Looks sweet man, good job, any links to the animation?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 09-11-2006 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
animation is still on the story board, and im still finishing the me 109. ill post for comments soon cheers

# 7 14-11-2006 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
Real nice.
If I may suggest a constructive critique I would personally downplay the groundshadow a lot. Shadows are very rarely pure black. To fix either go cool colour which might go real nice with the warm groundplane, or pick up the ground colour and void it of light by desaturating it.
Softer edges for the shadow would make it even nicer to imho. If it's high noon bright daylight top down sun maybe a a hard edge shadow, but the light seems to becoming from behind the hangar and the sky says its not a clear blue sky day. Puh light is a huge topic on its own.

Good work man.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 14-11-2006 at 09:04 PM.
# 8 15-11-2006 , 12:59 PM
Subscriber
thanks guys

i havn't realy used the forums a lot even though ive been aware of them for a while, mainly because im a hobyist, i dont feel competant enough to critique the work of others, but since taking the plunge i realise how helpful, and simply enjoyable it is to have others take notice of your work, so i realy appreciate the feed back, and as we have maya in common i would gladly buy you all a pint were it possible

cheers

# 9 15-11-2006 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber
story board shot

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 17-11-2006 , 05:16 PM
sweet! This is looking great! Post your animation and keep up the good work.

Originally posted by paldav
thanks guys

i havn't realy used the forums a lot even though ive been aware of them for a while, mainly because im a hobyist, i dont feel competant enough to critique the work of others, but since taking the plunge i realise how helpful, and simply enjoyable it is to have others take notice of your work, so i realy appreciate the feed back, and as we have maya in common i would gladly buy you all a pint were it possible

cheers

user added image

# 11 21-11-2006 , 11:22 AM
This render looks great m8.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman