Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-11-2006 , 06:33 AM

please help me........

Hello,everybody.
First,I apologize toward everyone.Because my english is so bad,please excuse.hei hei.

My computer's Graphics card is MatroX G400,everytime I want to rendering my scenes in Hardwave,maya is warning me:

Graphics card capabilities are insufficient for hardwave rendering on this machine.

please help me,I how resolve this problem.

I already has installed very many timesMy Graphics card's Drive ,but......
Please help me,Thank you,thank you.

# 2 22-11-2006 , 06:36 AM
try rendering with software instead.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 22-11-2006 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
you are using maya 8?

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 23-11-2006 , 12:07 AM
Think you need a new graphics card mate, what the error is saying is that the graphics card is insufficent for maya hardware.

If your using hardware rendering for particles then I would suggest trying to render via the hardware render buffer as this appears to (sometimes, depending on the card) to get round this problem.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 23-11-2006 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
as we all know its only the particles with 's/w' next to them in the particle shape folder drop down menu (pionts, sprites, multi streak, ect, sphere) that can be rendered with the software renderer, the others MUST be rendered with the hardware renderer.

or am i misunderstanding this?

what happens when you use the high quality render view port (whats it callled?)

i had the same trouble, my card quadro4 works fine on 6.5, and 7 but on maya 8?? it will not high quality view port render, not that i use it at all.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 23-11-2006 , 03:35 AM

Originally posted by mirek03
as we all know its only the particles with 's/w' next to them in the particle shape folder drop down menu (pionts, sprites, multi streak, ect, sphere) that can be rendered with the software renderer, the others MUST be rendered with the hardware renderer.

or am i misunderstanding this?

what happens when you use the high quality render view port (whats it callled?)

i had the same trouble, my card quadro4 works fine on 6.5, and 7 but on maya 8?? it will not high quality view port render, not that i use it at all.

Yep your right with the particles.

But the high quality rendering for the viewport is not the same as doing a hardware render of your scene.

I cant comment on maya 8 as i'm still on 6.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 23-11-2006 , 04:16 AM

Oh,Thank you!

Thank you answer my problem.

I use maya7.I don't usage maya 8.Ha ha.

Everytime I want to rendering hardware particles,or use hardware Texturing or hardware Fog or shadows in my scene.I turn up I can't useing.It's so bad.

The software and mentelRay rendering is well in my work.

En.....Looked like I besides replaced my Graphics card already not to have other means.

OK,thanks eveyrbody!:attn: