Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-12-2006 , 07:51 PM

Exporting a Rig...

I have just finished a semi-complex rig, and I was wondering if someone could give me some tips. I would like to use this rig on multiple characters, but it would save me a huge amount of time if I could just export/import it to another model. Can it be done within the same scene, or should I have the models seperated into their own scenes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 2 14-12-2006 , 04:34 AM

Re: Exporting a Rig...

Originally posted by erictacti
I have just finished a semi-complex rig, and I was wondering if someone could give me some tips. I would like to use this rig on multiple characters, but it would save me a huge amount of time if I could just export/import it to another model. Can it be done within the same scene, or should I have the models seperated into their own scenes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've done it by just duplicating the RIG.......thing that will differ is naming of every bone.......you can have as many characters using the same rig in the same scene but its just the extra work keeping it organized. You can also use layers to keep every new character in its own space and make it visible or invisible whenever you need to work on only one character.