Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-01-2007 , 11:09 AM

Dissapearing Bevel Faces

I just learned to bevel edges to remove their sharpness but when I go into previouse models and bevel an edge some faces become fully transparent and unaffacted faces lose their colour. Are my models lost or is there something that must be done. I've tried messing around with the face normals and locking the normals before I bevel, also altering degree tolerance. Although nothing works. I realize that this to be expected to some degree when a model is using a UV map however with simple colour maps I do not see why and the fliped normals won't flip back. If anyone could help they would save me from doing all the work I've done so far. As I learn I devolpe the models I already have. This seems to the end of it though.user added image

READ FIRST.

As i wrote this i thought to re aply the texture, it work and this only to aid anyone facing the same problem.