Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-02-2007 , 04:41 AM

Simple pole vector help.

How does one twist the pole vector with out twisting the IK-chain. If I have a T figure palm down, and Maya decides to bend along my Z access in the negative(not the direction I want) direction thus bending my arm backwards, how do you fix this? If I change my twist or pole vector settings the arm will rotate 180 degrees allowing it to bend in the the correct direction. This is good however the palm of my hand is now pointing up? Kind defeats the purpose. So how does one rotate the direction of bend with out rotating the actual IK-change.

# 2 01-02-2007 , 06:27 AM
unbind. put a natural bend in your skeleton (have your arm bend a little towards where you want it to actually bend). rebind.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 01-02-2007 , 06:52 AM
So it calculates the bend based on the joint, but cant be adjusted after the bind. Got it thx.