Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-02-2007 , 07:52 AM

merging multiple points?

I have to meshed I basically want to merge with a mirrow image of it. Normally I go point by point but this is detailed. The merge edge tool allows one edge at a time, and the merger allow one point at a time. Is there a way to say merge to closes adjacent point?

# 2 06-02-2007 , 08:45 AM
Senior Software Developer
The Merge Vertices Tool, will allow you to select and merge multiple vertices at one time. Be careful, if the setting is not right when you click it, then you may have quite a few un wanted merges.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 06-02-2007 , 11:03 PM
If I use edit mesh -> merge, and hit apply nothing merges. If I select two points I get a good merge. If the thresh hold is adjusted in the slightest bit all points merge to one.