Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-02-2007 , 05:43 PM

Playmobil/Bottle

Hi all,

This was a project I finished yesterday for school. It's the first thing I've made besides tutorials, and I'm happy how it turned out. We were supposed to make a hybrid of a children's toy and something else, so I chose a Playmobil and a wine bottle. My professor said that it would be nice if the ground was lighter, but it was actually very light, kind of an adobe type texture. My lighting just didn't pick up on it user added image
I also think the wine spilling out of the glass shouldn't be so thick, but I had some trouble with dynamics (first time playing with those).
Please tell me what you think. I'll try and render a picture with the floor lighter a little later.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-02-2007 , 09:59 PM
it's an interesting idea, and although i can establish that the playmobil character is the bottle in a way, i think it could be embellished further... perhaps a larger body on the character with less bottle coming through, and then the actual spout of the wine bottle (with cork) comes through the top of the head *shrug*

either way, it's a pretty decent start for your first venture away from tutorials. keep up the practice.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 07-02-2007 , 10:16 PM
thanks for the feedback user added image
that's a good idea to have a cork coming through the top of his head, i never thought of that.