Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2007 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber

meet my new best friend...

meet my new best friend blastcode. the most amazing, flawless, lagless, speedlearned plugin Ive ever delt with for my scenes. I know its been out for a while but this thing is purly amazing and I strongly recommend everyone to give it a shot.

and no I was not hired by the companyuser added image

Last edited by danotronXX; 15-02-2007 at 12:16 PM.
# 2 16-02-2007 , 06:34 AM
Subscriber
Pretty nice huh?

There's a couple of 1/2 hour tutorials vids floating around somewhere, from memory it was a blastcode forum that you've gotta sign up to then you can download them. If you haven't seen them yet, you really should have a look, they're great.

1 of em deals with using a laser to blast a logo or some letters out of a wall. The other deals with exploding a wooden crate. Both well worth a watch.

Covered in the first one are: dynamics, expressions, sticky-maps and crack-maps. You can actually predetermine how something will crack under pressure and how it will be broken up - which bits won't fly off as debris..

Here's a still of the result of the first tute:
-Simon

Attached Images
# 3 16-02-2007 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber
I think Ive seen a similar set with the lazer , crackin wall and box explosion that came from the company I believe. yea I took a look at them but I couldnt catch on to the guy too well. I felt like he went too fast and that music in the background was a bit distracting. I however I found this other site to get me started with video tutorials : https://www.cgwizardry.com/
i recommend it for starters if theyre still having probs with blascode. its too bad he doesnt talk during the tuts but it seemed pretty self explanatory for me.
but yea man blastcode is definitely a thing to have!