Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-02-2007 , 10:16 AM

grrrr annoying texturing problem

so i have a model, bound it to a skeleton, done my animation including a blend shape. Now i come along to texture it, lay out my UVS nicely, photoshop my texture, apply it and everything's ace...

but as soon as i step through the animation the UV change completely! at every stage of the amination the texture is mapped differently!

I've tried re-attaching the skin and it seems to work, but in order to do that i have to delete all the history so it will let me re-bind the skin....at which point i lose my blend shape.....

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance, it driving me mental

Rich

# 2 22-02-2007 , 12:18 PM
Senior Software Developer
You need to create a Texture Reference object for each texture that is moving as you animate

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)