Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-02-2007 , 12:49 PM

Noob First Render

Hi, lol...

This is my first render, I used a tutorial I found from another site, I'm sure some people have seen the tutorial with the screwdriver. Anyway, it's my first time every trying Maya and I'm happy with the results.

:attn:

user added image

# 2 25-02-2007 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
I just got done looking at that tutorial. For your first render it looks pretty good. You didn't happen to use the mental ray render that was also in the tutorial did you?

# 3 25-02-2007 , 02:21 PM
No I didn't, I used another one.

Look, I added some more screwdrivers in this one.

user added image

# 4 26-02-2007 , 03:18 AM
Not bad for a first render. user added image
I'm not a render-expert but you should make more shadows.
The reflections are good but I miss the shadows. user added image

# 5 27-02-2007 , 10:52 AM
Jr.Who
Good job! I did that tutorial too (go check my website if you want to see it) and was pleased with the results.

# 6 27-02-2007 , 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Deflect
No I didn't, I used another one.

Looks good, I remember that was my first tutorial at creating realistic lighting etc.

What rendering engine did you use for it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 01-03-2007 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber
hmmm .... how did yours end up looking soo good? i did that couple weeks back and coudnt the get lighting right, mine looks like hell to be honest,

what settings you used for rendering? and did you change any materials for the screwdriver because your handle part looks soo clean and coloured while mine is .... ugly!

GREAT JOB by the way, yours looks stunning!

cheers man,