Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-03-2007 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber

image sequance??

hi, I have rendered a movie into a jpeg sequence.., how do I use this in maya. I want to put them on an image plan just as a reference, the actual movie will be a composite, the character being exported with an alpha channel, and composition with the movie, most likely an AVI.
user added image

I have near 5000 frames (jpegs) of 16 interviews. near 70 seconds (PAL 25fps).

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 08-03-2007 , 11:32 PM
Lifetime Member
Create new Lambert material for your image plain then hold down ctrl + A to open the attribute editor, click on the Lambert tab and then on the little checkered box next to the color slider under the Common Material Attributes.In the create render node window that will pop up choose file, then back in the Attribute Editor click on the folder icon next to Image Name and browse to the image of your sequence to load it, lastly under the Image Name box you have the check Use Image Sequence.
assign the material to the plain if you created the material seperately.

# 3 08-03-2007 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber
I guess the node for the lambert is 'movie'?? yes? and then I assign the number of image frames or will they load all frames in the sourse image folder??

# 4 08-03-2007 , 11:50 PM
Lifetime Member
the node you want is file , the movie node is for loading an avi.

yes load the first number of the sequence and then check Use Image Sequence and it will find the rest of the sequenced files as long as then numvered sequencially and are in the same folder.

# 5 09-03-2007 , 06:43 AM
Hi Mirek

If its for your movie you might need to use an actual image plane rarther than a nurbs plane because your trying to match the resolution of the footage youve taken to a CG character.

In the render globals set up the resolution to the resolotuin that you want, also set up a CG camera with the settings that you used for the video camera (this helps to get the same perspective distortion focal attributes for the digital camera so it matches the real one you used)

Also in the image plane attributes click the set to image resolotion button (it might not be called that as I cant quite remember but its a big button)

With the camera set up you can then render from this camera (omiting the image plane of course) it should save you lots of headaches in the character not matching the footage.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 12-03-2007 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber
yo, thanks guys. what I did was render out pegs, at PAL (25fps) and am using them to match the image and character. I don't seem to be having any problems with perspective?? I must have fluked it some how, looks quiet cool.., but I will copy an paste this info for future reference

thanks guys

# 7 12-03-2007 , 10:50 PM
Hi Mirek

Sometimes you dont need to do any adjustments, it all depends on the job, if youve not got a floor and walls that you need something to interact with (bump into, cast shaddows etc) then your ok.

One thing that I always try to do is match the CG camera to the real camera that you used to film with but again sometimes you dont need to! It all depends on the job your doing.

Glad its going well for you man!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle