Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-03-2007 , 01:32 AM

StarWars LaserTurret - my 2nd model ever

Im currently practicing how to model working with simple blocky objects! This is only my 2nd model (in progress) ever, but still, help is very much welcomed! Also, some tips on creating more precise extruding(not sure if thats a word) would be great!

user added image

Other Angle
user added image

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 2 24-03-2007 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber
Looking good. Awesome work indeed, especially considering it's only your second model to date.

As for tips, to me it seems a bit too crisp. I'd go through and try extruding some faces out, and then shrinking them down slightly. That should probably give the overall image a little bit of variance.

# 3 24-03-2007 , 04:25 AM
Thanks Starving Artist! How would I go in extruding precise points of a polygon to give it a look of variance? Do I have to go through the same process of creating more faces, or is there a simpler way?
And heres an update on my Turret
user added image
user added image

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 4 24-03-2007 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
Precise points? I'm not sure if I follow completely what your asking. But faces or polygons work on a poly by poly basis, if you only want to extrude one part of a face you would probably have to use the cut face tool to create the desired shape your looking for.