Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-07-2007 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber

photoshop painting of a parrot

hey guys,
love to hear some feed back on the parrot. it was done in photoshop.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-07-2007 , 09:02 PM
Subscriber
nice!! i like the blured effect, one suggestion though you should have the backround a different colour rather then white

# 3 06-07-2007 , 12:02 AM
yeah - i agree - sort out the background!

it looks good. well done! nice use of colors for his fur. I'm not sure about the squiggly lines on his beak, though, and i think the eye could do with a bit more work to give it more depth.

I think there may be a pirate or two in the challenge section in need of a parrot! :p

# 4 06-07-2007 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber

FEEDBACK

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS. I AM STILL WORKING ON IT AND HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE BACKGROUND.
THE MOUTH OF THE BIRD ON THE REFERENCE IMAGE LOOKS PRETTY CRACKED.
I AM GOING TO DO SOME MORE WORK ON THE EYES TO GIVE IT MORE DEPTH.
APPRECIATE THE FEED BACK THANKS.

O YEA THIS IS THE REFERENCE IMAGE I WAS WORKING FROM

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 06-07-2007 , 08:51 AM
that's a col referance image!

Yeah, I was wondering if the lines on the beak were supposed to be cracks - try ading a darker line underneath the white line and I think it will look more like a crack.

Also, i think if the white highlight on the eye was to overlap the pupil and the white of the eye, it would start to give it more depth.

keep at it! I like the blurry effect, but I think if you start to add some more sharper details this will really start to come together good! user added image