Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-09-2007 , 10:38 PM

image strechted on my polyplane

Hey all,

I have a polyplane 17x24 and an image of 17x24. But when the image is mapped (file.out -> lambert.color) on my polyplane, it's stretched and partially off the plane.

Long time back I fixed it in another project. I remeber it was a simple like an on/off setting in the channelbox or something. But after more than an hour searching, I can't find it anymore. It's aggravating me.

Anybody?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-09-2007 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
Planar mapping your polyplane should fix this.

Chris

# 3 18-09-2007 , 11:31 PM
If your running maya 7 I think that you have to put something like "power -1" or something in the environment file, come to think of it I think that its in the FAQ thread.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 19-09-2007 , 02:59 AM
Took me another 3 hours before I figured it out. 2 of which to cool my head. :headbang:
It has something to do with the UV mapping ... wanne know?

Well, when u create a polyplane, it still has "Create UVs" mapping options of its creation. Once history is deleted, the options are no more. In the options u can set normalization (default is "Normalize and preserve aspect ratio"). Once turned off, the image is displayed correctly on the polyplane.

bendingiscool: Yep, recreating a new UVset would have worked too. But that's not how I remembered solving it last time. So it will bug me until I get it how I want it. I have this obsessive compulsion when it comes to this. :p

Attached Images