Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-12-2002 , 11:13 AM

Mental Ray for maya 1.5 final

im having problems loading this free plugin from AW
i goto the plugin manager and browse for the mental ray plugin select it and when i load it i get this error message

loadPluginCallback "C:/Program Files/AliasWavefront/mental ray for Maya 1.5/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll" "plug-in";
// mental ray for Maya 1.5
// Error: Cannot find procedure "mentalrayForMaya_v15". //
// Error: (Mayatomr) : setup command execution failed //
// Error: initializePlugin function failed (Mayatomr) //
// Result: 1 //

any ideas? im using maya 4.5 and it is the most recent version of mental ray 1.5

I HATE NURBS
<a href="//www.brink-x.com">www.brink-x.com</a>
# 2 24-12-2002 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
i have the function "mentalrayForMaya_v15". after installing mr, and rebooting (you never know about windows). you should be able to enable mental ray with the plugin manager. maybe you had maya still open when installing mr? or did not restart?

another thing could be that you use PLE 4.5 - as mr does not work with PLE.

but real nice of mr 1.5 to read hdr images - the beta could not user added image

# 3 24-12-2002 , 07:46 PM
hmm no i dont have ple ill try installing and restarting heh

I HATE NURBS
<a href="//www.brink-x.com">www.brink-x.com</a>