Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-01-2008 , 05:16 PM

Rendering Help

when i render with default settings of final gather the shadows are light even if object is closed to the plane ... i want shadows dark and soft and quite illuminated objects in rendering ( like attached picture .. i found on internet ) please give me settings for such rendering and also tell me what option is used to make dark shadows in final gather

Thanks..

Attached Images

Ahsan
# 2 14-01-2008 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
my suggestion is.., because you might need a tut.., unless some kind soul wants to write one for you.., is to google.., 'shadows using final gather in maya' and see what you get

good luck

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 14-01-2008 , 09:00 PM
Lifetime Member
Final gather is meant to simulate a very large light source such as the sky so therefore you will get soft shadows, in order to get dark shadows you also need a keylight to cast the main shadows.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 15-01-2008 , 03:26 PM
i also want illuminated object which is not done with default settings of final gather

Ahsan
# 5 15-01-2008 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
TUTORIAL...!!!

google it.., you WILL have luck.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 16-01-2008 , 06:49 AM
As far as I can tell a render just like that can be accomplished with a point light and a light environmental color of the camera.

Point Light:
  • Create a pointlight
  • Lower the intensity (default is 5 I believe, which will probably way too bright, 1 is good)
  • Have the light cast Ray Trace Shadows

Environment:
  • open the outliner (window > outliner)
  • select the camera you want to render your model with
  • in the attribute editor of the camera go to Environment
  • You will see that the default background color is black, move the slider up to the right and make it white (or lightgrey, whatever you wish)

Hope this works out for you.