Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-01-2008 , 08:31 PM

Mental Ray rendering - what camera settings?

I'm using Mental Ray to render a particular scene. I've tweeked everything to get it to look exactly the way I want it, but I've been using the Perspective view for test renders.

Now that I'm ready to render through an animated camera, I'm seeing some real problems. When I render through the camera, it's like the contrast is SUPER high and the image is burned out.

Are there settings I can use to make the camera render the same way the perspective view does? Or otherwise, are there settings that I need to change in the camera so that it works with the lighting I've already set up?

# 2 17-01-2008 , 08:43 PM
I could be WAAAY off base here, but I believe your cameras environment/background color might be set to white.

Set it to black and see if that helpsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 18-01-2008 , 08:25 AM
thanks, that was a good suggestion. I checked, though, and it's already set to black. Damn.