Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-01-2008 , 02:28 PM

Scale a already set up chracter

Hi, I have a character, and I almost finish the set up process, have Ik, clusters, the only thing that is missing are blend shapes, but I need to make the character more big, because im making the scene like with real scale, so I need to scale the character.. I have parent the clusters in the Waist are to the root, and other clusters in the legs to the some other bones on the legs, and so on. Then I Group the root, with the Ik and some locators working as pole vectors, So everything moves now, but If I scaled the group, and the move my Ik on the legs, the clusters with set driven keys dont work well any more, the surfaces starts to cross each others.. But the group at scale of 1, works perfect as my original set up was.. So.. HELP PLZ!!
What do I need to do to scale this thing up? user added image

# 2 10-02-2008 , 09:10 AM
well i dont think you can sucessfully scale the character ..i have faced similiar problems its just not possible to scale it without disrupting the rest. you just have to unbind and skin it all over again. i am not aware of any other method to scale it.

# 3 10-02-2008 , 09:16 AM
Hi, I scaled a character one time, but that character did not have clusters, and seems to work fine.. it only has the weights and the blend shapes.. But this character has cluster to deform better some parts.. so i think that is the problem. That time I group almost everyting I think.. the root, and the bones of the reverst foots, and the ik handles, and work fine, but like i say did not have clusters. user added image

# 4 10-02-2008 , 11:41 PM
yes i think the more stuff you have it gets more diff to scale. with just a skeleton etc it works. the cluster shapes usually has a range it affects so i think that may create funny results.blend shapes are no problem.