Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2008 , 03:57 PM

Warnings all the time when using tiffs?

Hi,

whenever I load a scene containing tiff textures, I get numerous warnings in the script editor regarding "unknown taggs". The textures work fine though, both in the viewport and when rendering.

Anyone else seen this and is it just a quirk of maya?

cheers

gubar

# 2 03-02-2008 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber
are u rendering in mental ray???

# 3 03-02-2008 , 11:37 PM
Yes, but this is even before I render. When I hit 6 to display textures, I get all these messages in the script editor.

I know some folk have had issues with mr/tiffs, but they've always rendered fine for me.

cheers

gubar

# 4 04-02-2008 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber
maybe it is that conflict with the tiff compression.
are they compressed. i think that mr likes uncompressed tiffs only. so maybe till now you had uncompressed once. maybe re-convert those images or try a different format. that would def help.

# 5 04-02-2008 , 03:08 AM
Hi,

they're not compressed at all so it's weird. Still work fine though - maybe not good prective though.

What other format is as good? I know that jpegs aren't so good for retaining quality - are targas as good? Or another format?

cheers

gubars

# 6 04-02-2008 , 03:12 AM
Jr.Who
I use pngs and jpegs most of the time. pngs have great quality (almost no difference to tiffs) and are small.