Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-02-2008 , 04:09 PM
steinnalex

animating a skeleton

hi there, i'm new to 3d and i'm having a problem trying to animate the skeleton.. i set the keyframes, and when i move up the timeline they disappear!! any tips and tricks..alba

# 2 05-02-2008 , 11:15 PM
how are you setting the keyframes? also, when you set a keyframe, it's only for that frame. if you go to another frame, there won't be a keyframe at whatever frame you go to unless you set another key...

also, the keyframes should be appearing in the timeline as a red line when you set them.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 05-02-2008 , 11:30 PM
steinnalex
when i grab the whole skeleton, which is bound to my character and set a key frame, its all good, but then when i move up the timeline and grab just the ankle for example, or an IK handle, the original keyframe i set at the beginning just disappears..

steinnalex...
# 4 06-02-2008 , 06:13 AM

animating a skeleton

:headbang:

# 5 06-02-2008 , 06:32 AM
well what you're doing is setting a keyframe for just the bone that you had selected. when you select another object or a separate part of the skeleton, the keyframe will 'disappear' cause there's no keyframe for the object you just selected... it's still there, you just need to reselect the original bone or object you keyframed.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 06-02-2008 , 11:17 AM
steinnalex
ok, cheers. i'll give it a go. i just thought that because the entire skeleton was grouped that it would set keyframes for every joint.

steinnalex...
# 7 09-02-2008 , 06:44 PM
nope, ya gotta do it one bone at a time for each pose or movement you want.

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 06-08-2014 , 09:47 AM
Hi
I just starting animation after a long period of studying, but on my project I want my character to clap his hands, but when start clapping 1st time is ok, second time all skeleton are remaining out of the skin while the skeleton is arleady attached with the body, is anybody can help plz??!!