Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-02-2008 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber

Trintity House - WIP

This is a project i've been working on for class. The modeling is coming along pretty well, for the class project i had to stop the modeling here, to have it textured for the deadline.
I am going to keep working on it so that it looks good enough for portfolio material. As Such I am going to continue with the small details on the model and then take my time to texture it.
More will follow.
user added image

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 2 20-02-2008 , 09:49 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looks like a nice clean model.

Though it doesn't look to much like the actual Trinity house. (google)
Looks more like the one stood to the left, though they may be all one building user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 20-02-2008 , 09:54 PM
Subscriber
Hmm, you found it on google did you? I don't think it is called Trinity House to be honest. Starts with Henry... not sure what the rest is. I just called it Trinity House because it is one of the last buildings left standing right next to the Toronto Eaton Centre where the Trinity Church is. So for namesake it became Trinity Houseuser added image

user added image
That is a view from my classroom of it.
If that helps at alluser added image

Arch Viz Reel

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 4 20-02-2008 , 10:29 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Ah, well I'm sorry, but you did call it "Trinity House" so I (by nature) googled it out of curiosity user added image

Your model does indeed resemble the building in the picture you posted.

Nice work!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 20-02-2008 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
thank you very much. I can post more reference images if you'd like.
As I'm sure you've noticed. on the front of the building I am missing a lot of the balcony detail. That is one of the last things I still have to do and will update when they are completeuser added image

Arch Viz Reel

# 6 21-02-2008 , 05:05 AM
Well I like this build it's old and classical, hope more!

user added image

# 7 23-02-2008 , 10:00 AM
very nice - i particularly like all of the little details - this will look great once everything is textured. I might even go with the snow covered look in your pic along with some of those stark trees.

one thing - are you missing one of the walls? just cos i can see the background blue through some of your windows. (why is it that your windows keep confusing me?? :p )

also, you might want to keep your images to 640 wide as per the guidelines or you might invoke the wrath of a mod...

Last edited by arran; 23-02-2008 at 10:03 AM.
# 8 26-02-2008 , 01:48 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Alex, nice job man. Looks very clean. Nice references too...the building looks great
Cheers
Jay

# 9 26-02-2008 , 06:38 AM
Subscriber
@ lealar - thanks, more will be coming on it eventually. Just gotta find some time to finish it of and texture it properly.

@arran - Thanks, glad you like it. And no i am not missing a wall, but there is no interior to the house.. yet anyways. So you can see the light or sky from the opposite windows at the right angles.
As for the 640 wide, I realize these pictures do not meet that suggestion. I am going to see if I can get em reduced in the near future. As they are still here it is not my top priorityuser added image thanks for the heads up though.

@jay - thanks for the encouragement. I am happy with how it is going thus far, and got a great mark on the project.

For everyone else. I am going to be using this in my portfolio and possibly demo reel, come career hunting time in a few months. So there will be more updates made to this before then and any comments and crits are much appreciated!

Arch Viz Reel