Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-03-2008 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber

animate deformers

hi,
I'm trying to animate a deformation, along with rotations and translations, but somehow, when I key the deformation, it applies to the object from the start of the animation. Why is this and is there a way to work around that?

thanks!

# 2 05-03-2008 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
Could you be a little clearer with what your deforming/what deformer you are using etc as then we can be of more help.

Chris

# 3 06-03-2008 , 04:04 AM
Subscriber
Okay, i'm in architecture and we've been asked to use any 3d software to generate interesting shapes as parti diagrams... so what i've been doing, basically, is starting from 2 curves, lofting them and applying as many deformers as i could while keyframing them to create an aminated mass. even though it is not crucial for me to understand the software thoroughly for this exercise, i would still like to know how the deformers act on the surface. So, say i've got surface1, i keyframe its original appearance at time 1, pull a few vertices here and there and keyframe the new shape at time 24 and then apply a twist to the whole at time 48. the surface is changed from time 1. is there a way for it to modify the surface only from time 24? or is it just the way deformers work? this is a long and fairly vague question, but thanks if you can help me anyway...

gab