Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-03-2008 , 08:41 PM

my very first one

heyy.. as some did see me i had some questions about a car modelling.. i whas doing a kinda car or something like that..

here is my first one i evermade.. thougd it whasnt that realy bad..
i dont know how to color it but give some hints or tips to make my modelling better...

user added image

user added image

and plz dont be that hard.. haha.. it smy first time i work with 3d i always whas doing on ps.. but if youre doing it a long time its starting to bore.. and i always did see those cool 3d pics and models.... so i started with maya... so heres the first result as i told haha...

wel greetz and let hear from u user added image

Last edited by whoojaa; 05-03-2008 at 08:58 PM.
# 2 05-03-2008 , 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
thats not bad at all for a first shot. there isnt much to critique since you're new to maya except that I would have probably started with a torus for the wheels. also, when you're asking for comments on your model, its good to add a wireframe shot of what your model looks like, so others can see how well you've managed your mesh and get an idea of how you arrived at the final result or help point out problems etc etc user added image. keep it up

# 3 05-03-2008 , 10:15 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Practice practice practice, it's the only way to get better, looks nice for a first attempt.

# 4 06-03-2008 , 12:24 PM

Originally posted by GecT
thats not bad at all for a first shot. there isnt much to critique since you're new to maya except that I would have probably started with a torus for the wheels. also, when you're asking for comments on your model, its good to add a wireframe shot of what your model looks like, so others can see how well you've managed your mesh and get an idea of how you arrived at the final result or help point out problems etc etc user added image. keep it up

user added image

thanks for comment.. it took me about 2 hour to make it :eek3:
and heres a shot with wireframeuser added image

# 5 06-03-2008 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
looks pretty cool for first model user added image
but 2 hours isnt that much to work on a car
ive been working on a car close to 200 hours now user added image
the better you get the more detail work you wanna put in it

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 6 06-03-2008 , 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Redmer
looks pretty cool for first model user added image
but 2 hours isnt that much to work on a car
ive been working on a car close to 200 hours now user added image
the better you get the more detail work you wanna put in it

yah i wanted to put more in like doors and better head/tail lights but im not that good yet and i whas affraid messing it completly up user added image...

# 7 06-03-2008 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
save a lot user added image
give the doors a shot with the split polygon tool that tool is gonna be a good friend user added image
also a good start modeling a car is the BMW and Ferrari tutorials here on the site maybe try a easier tutorial first, i started with the Mech tutorial you learn alot how hard surface modeling works and alot of tools are explained if i were you should pick that one up user added image

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 8 06-03-2008 , 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Redmer
save a lot user added image
give the doors a shot with the split polygon tool that tool is gonna be a good friend user added image
also a good start modeling a car is the BMW and Ferrari tutorials here on the site maybe try a easier tutorial first, i started with the Mech tutorial you learn alot how hard surface modeling works and alot of tools are explained if i were you should pick that one up user added image

yah oke .. aah im not trying right now,,
im making a spaceship looking thing.. i have a black light of that model on my room big one.. im making one in real looking ... but dunt know how to color those stupid things :O... thats my biggest probl now