Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-03-2008 , 05:57 AM

Animate Replacement

Hi, I'm trying to set up a scene for a dynamics simulation in which a glass jar breaks. I have one mesh that is the whole jar, and a bunch of other individual objects that make the shards of the glass after it breaks.

I need to animate the whole jar disappearing at a certain frame and on that same frame I need the shards to appear in its place so it can break. Everything is already in the right place, I just need to know how to animate the first one disappearing after (say) the first ten frames and the second one (which is a group of objects, the shards) to appear after that. Make sense? How would you do it?

# 2 12-03-2008 , 06:07 AM
Key the visibility of the objects

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle