Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-04-2008 , 09:04 AM

could not open

i have downloaded the maya girl character from this site. it successfully downloaded but it is in RAR format and opening in maya. how to open this in maya. please help me

# 2 10-04-2008 , 11:56 AM
Subscriber
Do you mean you can't open the RAR file or that you can't open the Maya file within it?

If it's the RAR file your having trouble with then you need to download a program such as WinRar or WinZip and extract the folders from the RAR file.

If you have done this but are having problems opening the Maya file it may be because you have a different version of Maya to the one it was made in.

If this is the case then you can open the file and change the version number to whatever number your Maya is. There should be a couple of references to the version number on the top line.

Hope this is what you were after.

Chris

# 3 10-04-2008 , 10:16 PM
Hi chris,

Thaks for the suggesstion. Actually i am using maya2008 version and i am downloading and installing the WinRAR software. If it works it is ok. If it does not then where could i fine the version number and how to change it to maya2008 (if the downloaded thing is in another version of maya). Please help me out.

# 4 10-04-2008 , 10:32 PM
if it's for a different version you should be able to open it in maya 2008 by choosing open-->option box and then ignore version

Accept no substitutions.