Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 09-05-2008 , 05:52 AM

Introduction to Modeling in Maya

I saw this on digitaltutors.com and I am thinking of buying it. I currently have Maya 8.5 PLE and would really like to be able to learn all the essentials to modeling for beginners. I will be taking classes in the fall but would like a head start before then. This could also convince the wife to let me purchase Maya heh.

# 2 09-05-2008 , 06:18 AM
Subscriber
I don't mean to sound like an ass, but are you looking for a recommendation or something?
If you are I would highly recommend it.
I haven't seen any of the Simply Maya modeling tutorials but they may also be a good buy. The digital tutors one is nice and thorough though.
Also if you are serious about getting into 3D, buying a liscence for Maya would be a good idea. PLE is limited.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 09-05-2008 , 06:22 AM
Ya sorry looking for advice. Was watching a TV show and must have skipped a sentence. I will be taking classes this fall so I am serious about it. Thank you for the DVD information, looks like I will be hitting the buy button in a moment.