Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-06-2008 , 07:09 AM

Copy and paste

I'v got a few simple questions.
How do you change the background colour of a render?
Is there a simple way to drag a model while pressing a button to copy it?

# 2 19-06-2008 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
well to change the background color...select the camera you're rendering in...once your camera is selected...on the tabs menu...there should be a tab called "enviornment" in there u will see its black...thats the color you change to change your bg color in renders and as far as your second question...im not quite sure if I understand what you're asking

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 3 19-06-2008 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
in 3D Studio Max if you hold shift and move an object you can duplicate/instance it. If you hold alt in photoshop and drag a layer you create a copy of it.

I believe that is what is desired here.

As for how to do such a thing in Maya? I'm not quite sure. But if you hit ctrl+d you get a duplicate and can move that as you please.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 4 19-06-2008 , 09:13 PM
Thanx both have helped