Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-08-2008 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber

emitting fluids at collsion points

Hey guys,

I would like to be able to emit fluids at collisions points (similar to particles' version), for instance if i had some geometry go through a layer of fluid (like a thin layer of mist etc) when the object goes through it, it leaves a hole but how would I go about getting the puff that would go up around the hole when the object hits.

Many thanks

Chris

# 2 28-08-2008 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber
doesnt answer your question but id just use particles to make your 'mist' and 'use object as source of field'

otherwise id be looking at buying a lot of tuts.., from fluids 101.., to particle/poly/fluid integration.

other than that 'punch' you hole in your fluid in your compositing package.., using an aplha matt, or what ever you think fits.., rotoscope, vignette.., whatever..,

beats me why people want to EVERYTHING in maya.., thats not how production houses would approach it.., i think??

maya is for elements more than SPX these days.

MHO

mirek

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 28-08-2008 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Looking back at the question I didn't actually get my point across, must of got distracted when writing it lol.

What I actually meant to say is I know that you can't do it by default, but I prosume it can be done by script, I was looking for some ideaas of how to set it out.

Chris

PS I am perfectly aware of Maya shortcomings which is why I would usually use other programs/techniques for such an effect, but I am trying to work on my mel scripting at the moment
user added image