Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-10-2008 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber

"can't find U.V sets"

This is a new one on me. Im trying to make a leaf, and ive got it all pretty much to the point where i want to texture it. but when i try to automatic map it to get its uv's up in the texture editor, the message line at the bottom says "cant find uv sets". My leaf started out as a cv curve extruded along another cv curve. and since then ive switched between polygons and sub d's a couple of times. Right now in the outliner my object is a poly to sub d tess shape. so im guessing this is why im having problems, but ive tried selecting it and converting it to polys, and when i right click on it, the sub object level options i get are all those for a poly shape. Am I right in thinking that this is the problem? and how can i solve/get around this?

# 2 12-10-2008 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
sorry, the message in the warning box actually says, "can't find current u.v set"current

# 3 12-03-2012 , 03:24 AM
In the UV texture editor go to polygons and then go to create empty uv set, now make your uv automatic and it should work..