Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-12-2008 , 07:00 AM

Cutaway

Is there any way to do a cutaway of a NURBS object, similar to a "Cut Polygon Faces" operation, without having to convert it to a Polygon object. I have a good NURBS object that renders very nicely, after Mental Ray surface approximation. The object is extremely heavy in geometry and I can't seem to get it to render as smoothly if I use the "Convert NURBS To Polygons" function under "Modify". Even though I check off the "Use Render Settings" box in the conversion panel I get a render with rough curves, not like the smooth approximated NURBS render. I need to cut this object exactly in half. Its way to complex to start going in and selecting individual surfaces. The "Cut Polygon Faces" tool does exactly what I want but the polygon objects quality doesn't match the NURBS after rendering.

# 2 18-12-2008 , 07:27 AM
you could probably use the nurbs boolean tools. I don't use them much (and their results are somewhat different than using the polygon booleans), but if you use a nurbs plane, you chould be able to get a precise split.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 19-12-2008 , 11:38 PM
This is the part in question. It appears to contain roughly 11000 NURBS surfaces.

Attached Thumbnails