Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-12-2008 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber

No reaction with batch render!

Hi,

I have searched around the forum only to find many other problems with batch rendering. I have set up a simple animation of a sphere moving in different directions. I have then set up the rendering settings for a batch render. Then every single time I hit either batch render itself from the drop down menu, or even the box that is meant to pop up the batch render settings, nothing what-so-ever happens. Absolutely zilch!

Am I doing something insanely stupid? Do I have to install something? user added image I haven't a clue on what is going on, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Running Maya 8.

# 2 18-12-2008 , 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Could be firewall stopping it. Personally I prefer setting up a batch file then running that instead of doing it via the Maya GUI.

- Genny
# 3 18-12-2008 , 02:13 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I have seen that the firewall may have had something to do with it but I have fiddled around with that and it doesn't make a difference.

What is this method that you use? I'm not that experienced with Maya y'see.

# 4 18-12-2008 , 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

- Genny
# 5 19-12-2008 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
Thank you very much!

Just trying to get my head around it and seeing what the differences are on a mac.

Strangely enough though, I was going through the tutorial and thought "I might as well see if it has suddenly cured itself". And just to annoy me, it has started to work! :headbang: Although it is still a bit hit and miss, so I think I shall try and figure out that method of rendering through the command line.

Thanks once again. user added image